Friday, March 10, 2006

Keep On Truckin'

Mullets! Yes, the mullet! The Business In the Front – Party At the Back, The Tennessee Waterfall, The 10/90! All of these? the mullet. Today, I say, is Mullet Day!

I happen to dig the mullet, but I’m rather particular about my pickings. Mullets on a strapping young man? Mmm-hmm. A mullet on this man? Hehehe. No.

I remember once, when I was about 20 years old, I was at a pub with a few friends when we spotted a male about our age sporting a mini-mullet. We were in awe.

*giggles like a school girl*

“Hi! TEEHEE. *wink* How you doin’? We looooooove your hair! May we run our fingers through it?”

“Uh, no.”

Okay, so we didn’t pick him up, but at least we tried.

This rant of mine will be a combination of two loves. The mullet and the Edmonton Oilers. Why in God’s name would I combine the two? Well you see, I am a hardcore Oilers fan. I grew up in a hockey family and I was born and mostly raised in Edmonton. Back in high school the Edmonton Oilers obtained a new hockey player. His name? Ryan Smyth (aka current assistant captain – aka captain team Canada). Oh.My.God. It was lust at first sight. This man had the best hockey/mullet hair I had ever seen and he was –and still is- an awesome player.

The things I’d do to just touch his hair.

So! In salute to The Mullet, I give out a great big, “Keep on truckin’!”


P.S. No, I do not own a mullet. Pshaw. Really now, have more faith in me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web hit counter