Friday, May 16, 2008

Nelly Don't Know Hot

It’s getting hot in here and I’m tempted to take off all my clothes.

It’s finally begun to feel like Spring. I can tell from my itchy, watery, sticky eyes. Oh, and the wicked warm weather.

Now, we all know that during May Long it always rains (sprinkling of raindrops for Sunday and Monday), but I’m okay with that. As long as there is no snow, I’m good to go.

Brand new tent – check.
Booze – check.
Up till 12:00 a.m., last night, to ensure that the majority of things are packed so that we can head out camping after work – check.

The last time we “went” camping was the long weekend of September last year. Except, we didn’t go. It’s like this – we stayed up late to pack everything up so that we (Future Mister and I) could get up early and head out to the mountains. Prior to this, FM had been having gut issues and his gut issues wouldn’t subside. After much nagging on my part (I was worried he had appendicitis, even though he didn’t display any of the symptoms) and after much resistance on his part, he finally agreed to make a quick stop at the doctors before we rush home to pack up the vehicle and leave.

Yeah. We never made it home.

Guess who was right? Guess who’s nagging paid off? And guess who demanded a bouquet of flowers for saving a life?


Despite having zero symptoms, it turns out he did have appendicitis.

Without going into a whole lot of detail on the events to follow (it still saddens me to think that we could have been in the middle of nowhere and God only knows what would have happened if his appendix had burst), let’s just say that FM laid on a waiting room bed for 8 hours while 3 doctors poked and prodded him trying to determine if it really was appendicitis (again, zero symptoms). The doctors finally decided to get him scanned and half an hour later he was rushed to the operating room to remove his appendix.

During his prep, FM must have gone through shock because he suddenly went pale. He asked to go to the washroom and after 5 minutes in there I knocked on the door to see if he was okay.

Actually, you know what, I don’t even want to type it out because I don’t feel like tearing up at the thought of that day/night/the days after, etc.

All in all, it was a horrendous experience. I realize it was a simple appendicitis that needed to be removed, but with the waiting times in hospitals in Calgary and the events that followed during his prep, I was almost certain that his appendix would have/had burst.

One day I’ll write out the whole tale of FM’s appendix experience; including the amazing changes in our lives because it happened (Like finding his biological father! Through facebook of all places!).

Until then, I’m going to continue counting down the hours till I’m off work so we can go CAMPING!@#$

Labels: ,


Blogger asianpixie said...

Have an excellent time! We just got back from vacation and it did us wonders :)

1:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

web hit counter