Monday, May 12, 2008

The Getaway

I’ve been busy. Lame excuse, I know. But seriously, I have been busy.

Since the beginning of March, I’ve been finding that there aren’t enough hours in a day to get things done. This has caused me to be severely irritable, impatient, annoyed, frustrated, tired and I could go on, but I won’t. Even the weekends aren’t long enough to get shit done. I guess it doesn’t help that we had ANOTHER snow fall warning and had a full week of snow. In May. “April showers bring May flowers.” LIES. ALL LIES.

Last week, I took a flex day from work. I normally despise taking time off, but I was desperate. Desperate mentally and physically.

You know it’s time to take a break when: you start muttering obscenities under your breathe when your phone rings or when coworkers approach you; you start taking old school wooden pencils and snapping them just so you can break something; you break your computer mouse because you are so goddamn frustrated and have to bullshit to the IT department on why you need a new one; you freak out at the senior manager of your department because he’s making you so fucking angry.

Yeah. Enough was enough.

Work still has not slowed down, especially with our largest event quickly approaching (this also does not include the few other events that we’re hosting that are also extremely large), but I’m trying to pull through as best as I can.

Presentations! Meetings! Corporate World! Screw you.

I swear to you Internets. This May long weekend I best be going camping. For the last month, I’ve been itching to escape. Anywhere, but here. A place where there is no television, no phones and no computers. I realize that it’ll still be cold, but I don’t give a damn.

I just need to get away from it all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

Totally with you on this one. Getting away from computers is a great vacation!

1:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web hit counter