Friday, May 12, 2006

Sometimes Ignorance Isn't Bliss

I will typically avoid talking/writing about certain topics for the very reason that it is extremely personal to me and over time I have perfected the art of “keeping it in”. This though, will be the exception because frequently enough I read articles like this one.

I wish, back 6-10 years ago, that they had publicly come out with this report. If I had known what the outcome was of taking this drug, along with a couple others, I would never have taken them in the first place. Back then, I never could understand why taking such a drug made me feel a certain way when it should be “helping” me. It was only until a few months later I was told that I should have been monitored.

After taking the drug for about a year, I realized that all they (the doctors, etc.) were doing was upping the dose and changing me from one drug to the other, or a strange combination of a few. Finally, I said fuck it and took myself off it all.

And you know what? I’ve done fine since then. Why? Cause I fucking rule like that. HAH. Sorry.

I admit, there are good days and bad days (or weeks, whichever) and sure I am not on anything for the anxiety (like hell I’ll go back on that drug shit).

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely not against being on antidepressants. In fact, if it works for you? Rock on, go for it. I just happen to be one of those people that had the opposite affect.

All in all, I hope that doctors, psychiatrists, etc. give patients a fair warning of what may happen. Never in my life would I ever want anyone to feel/act/do what I felt/did when I was on that stuff.

Hmm, which reminds me, I gotta figure out what the hell I’m going to do for life insurance since these fuckers won’t insure me because of my past. Like hell, I’ve been a damn angel now for at least 4 or 5 years! GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK.

k, thnx.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web hit counter