Monday, April 03, 2006

Like No Other

I have an enjoyable group of friends that I love dearly, but one in particular stands out above the rest. That friend would be Jamie.

On Saturday, he and I hung out and as always it was a blast (I seriously think it's impossible for us to have a boring time together). We have always managed to make the best out of every situation. We've been drunk downtown and rampaged through the streets; he's dealt with having me pass out drunk on his bathroom floor for three hours while he waited outside holding his piss; we've passed five hours of time just playing guitar and singing. He can get me to do nearly anything by telling me that I'm his best friend and that he’ll loooove me forever (like a damn road trip to his old shit-town in pouring rain listening to some rockin' CCR all the way there and back).



What a friend. Here I am passed out and all he can do is photograph me. (Click the photo for a great description of what happened)

He's the only person I know of that I can be my typical, bitchy self without worrying what the other person may think. I certainly can't tell anyone else that they are pissing the fuck out of me and I want to push them off the edge, and he's the only person that can punch a pillow and tell me that he was imagining the pillow was my face.

Back in the day, when I lived on my own, Jamie and I lived in the same apartment building. There is nothing more fun than having your best friend a few floors above you (not to mention all the skateboarding we got done at 11 p.m. at night and the three liquor stores all within walking distance).

The best was making pasta from scratch... which only took us over an hour to figure out.

I have known Jamie for six years and during that time we have survived all the ups and downs that a messed up guy-girl friendship would have. He has learned ALL of my deepest and darkest secrets. We’ve managed to talk to each other about everything – even our first relationships and going through puberty.

When I was going through a rough time with breast infection/cyst, he was there to cheer me up and tell me that I looked HOT with one massive boob (okay, he, too, laughed a little at my situation). When we were going through tough relationship break-ups, we've supported each other and told each other that the ex-significant other was a twat. When either one of us needed a date for a wedding or a party situation, we'd go along and pretend like we were an item. Hell, we even have a marriage pact.

Some guy holding a beer up to Jamie's ass.

Yeah. These are the kind of pictures I take after a bit of drinking... Keep in mind, this picture was taking years ago.

One of my biggest fears is that Jamie won't be around forever. In the last couple of years, he has been travelling to Vietnam and now he's thinking about leaving again for a much MUCH longer time. Every time that he has left, I tried to get him to stay by telling him that he'd be leaving illegally (because, you know, he didn't sign the Official Papers of Leaveance - shhh... I know it's something I made-up in my mind). I must figure out another excuse for him to stay behind (goddamn he's too smart - he figured out my Official Papers of Leaveance is fake!)... otherwise who else would tell me to "fuck off"?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I love him just reading about him. STAY!

Think he'd do the swingin' thing?

7:53 p.m.  
Blogger AJ said...

I've got a lot of funny stories involving him - I've got to keep them coming.

He and I once discussed whom (of the same sex) we would have first pick of if we ever got the chance. He picked that Brian character from the band Placebo. I gagged. I told him that if he were gay, he'd have bad taste in men.

9:16 a.m.  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm the epitome of bad taste...

10:53 a.m.  
Blogger AJ said...

Bad taste? I don't buy it!

I read your post on "I wanna be like K-Fed"

It seems like you got your facts straight:

Adam = Hot
K-Fed = Uh. Cool? I may have to disagree on that one
George = Sophisticated

Taylor = Sing? Yes. Dance? Yes. A looker? Eh, no.

9:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web hit counter