Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What To Do In Case Of Fire

Tonight I fend for myself. J works shift work and is currently taking night classes. This evening, it’s the night shift for him. Well fine, whatever. I’ll take this opportunity to do fuck all with the exception of loading the dishwasher and doing laundry. So what have I done so far this evening since returning home from work? Sat on my ass watching television and eating a bag of chips for dinner. But! Lone behold I got some exercising done too!

All was well while I was watching the tele when a distinct, horrid buzzing goes off. Geezus fuck. It was the damn building fire alarm.

The last time the building alarm went off it was Monday morning at around 1:30 a.m. J and I woke up from our slumber and sat in our apartment, with the alarm going off, debating whether or not we should get clothes on and head down the stairs… all 19 floors.

“So uh… should we get dressed?” I asked.

“Um… I don’t know…” He mutters back.

“So… should we like, bring stuff? I want my jewelry. WHAT ABOUT MY GUITARS?!”

*silence*

“Let’s just look off the balcony to see if there are many people waiting below.” Yes, smart idea J.

About 15+ minutes of this later we’re like, “You know, if this is a serious fire, we might be burning very soon.” Yeah. We were still sitting on our asses trying to figure out what to do.


To avoid a repeat of the last time, I called J, let him know what was happening, grabbed my essentials (forgive me guitars, I’m lazy and carrying the both of you down the stairs would have been difficult) and made the long trek down the stairs. By the time I got to floor seven, the buzzing stopped and I had made the executive decision that it was safe enough to go up using the elevator. There was no way in hell I was going to continue walking all the way down and fight my way through a crap load of people just to have them squeeze up against me in an elevator.

Now that I’m back in the comfort of my own home and knowing that all is well – false fire alarm – maybe I should move my ass and get some laundry started. J’s dirty socks are starting to really stink up the place…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web hit counter